Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept for you in heaven, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:3-5

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

1 week to go...

I really can't believe I will be leaving Lakeshore in 7 days. It has been such a memorable experience and I don't think I'll ever be able to express everything that's happened in my time here, partly because I can't remember it all! I am looking forward to moving back to Louisville though, but these past couple of weeks have been really neat because I have been able to work on a lot of projects at specific houses. Along with a host of other little things, I have learned how to lay laminate flooring, put up trim and baseboards, and will hopefully be tiling two bathroom floors before the week is out. Liz, another long-term volunteer, and I have been working together on these named projects with a team from Ohio who'll be here for 2 weeks total. I will write more about Ms. Gillum's (the house where we've been) later and show y'all some pictures.

1 comment:

Joel Cupp said...

You are always in my prayers :) Glad God has let you be used in such and amazing way!